Monday, March 28, 2016

21 March 2016

Season 3: Episode 7 "The One with Easter"

Good morning everyone!

This was a very spiritual week, as we were all able to recognize and celebrate the last week of our Savior's life. I had a great opportunity to study Christ's life and His Atonement or Sacrifice specifically this week. It was a huge realization to me to recognize where we all would've been, and where I would've been without having a Savior. He has literally saved us all. During my mission so far it has been a tremendously humbling experience, and this week was no exception. As I was sitting in church, listening to the speakers and specifically one speaker talking about "Grace".  One of my favorite scriptures came to mind that I feel impressed to share, and it is Alma26:11-12 and it reads 

11 But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God.

12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

And it hit me so hard that I have been relying too much on my own strength and my own abilities, and it was holding me back. It came to me that I needed to give myself over to Him, and instead of relying on myself, I need to rely on Him. As I am yoked with Him (as well as my companion Elder Ellsworth) we will be able to accomplish way more than I ever could by myself.

I am so grateful for our savior Jesus Christ and for His love that we are able to feel constantly. I am grateful for the hope and the strength that His gospel, atonement, life gives me and gives us all. I know that as we rely on him, he will be accomplish miracles in our lives. 

Last thought really quick: Also while reflecting this week, I had the opportunity to look back and to see God in my life, and to see how he has gently but firmly led me in the direction that I needed to go. And I know that everyone will be able to see the same thing as you reflect. 

Have a great week!

Elder Tanuvasa