Monday, November 30, 2015

23 November 2015

Season 1: Episode 18  The One with Transfers

Bonjour!

Lol, I have been practicing my French, mostly because Elder Sackley is learning it aaand I try to email him in French...It takes me all week to translate his message.  But you know, whatever.

As per the title of my episode this week:  I am getting transferred, guess I wasn't doing enough work, haha.  At first when I found out, I was sort of glad, we had worked the area we were in very hard for the past four months, and the work was starting to slow down.  But we just had our last lesson with one of the people we are teaching.  And my heart was breaking as I was teaching, cause I realized that I really do love these people.  And my heart was physically hurt because I was leaving him.  As I was explaining to him that this was the last time we would teach him and that we were leaving, tears almost came to my eyes.  Never in my life, have I felt this amount of love for someone after knowing them for only a month.  I got to catch a glimpse of the Saviours love for me personally, and for all of us!

As I've been pondering this whole situation of leaving the ward members and the people I've been teaching, yes it hurts to leave them, but I'm just grateful for the chance that my Father in Heaven has given me to know them.  They have impacted my life so much and have changed me drastically.

In church we learned about how to be better teachers and students.  And the biggest thing that it all comes down to be being an effective teacher is loving the people that you are teaching.  And the perfect example of this is Jesus Christ.  The love that He had for those he taught is immeasurable.  And we learn through His example, how to teach.  Because if we love those we teach, then we are going to come to the lesson prepared already taking the time before hand to create the lesson.  If we love those we teach, we will listen to their questions, so that we can help them to answer their own questions, lots of times that is through the scriptures, but Heavenly Father works through many ways, and He knows what we need.  I use the term "teach" very loosely.  It can apply to anyone who has an influence on some other person at any place or at any time.  Soooo that's all of us!

I love you all and I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior.  That His gospel was lost after the death of his apostles, but was then restored through the Prophet Joseph Smith.  And through him we have a living prophet today in Thomas S. Monson, as well as a quorum of the 12 Apostles and Quorum of 70 (see Luke 10).  I am grateful to be here in FLORIDA sharing this message, and I know of its truthfulness, and I say these things (or write) in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen

Elder Tanuvasa