Tuesday, February 2, 2016

18 January 2016

Dear Mom,

Sorry you are getting an answer to a question that Dad asked me in a letter, I hope you will both read this and share them with everyone you feel prompted to, even the blog.

Some things that I have learned about myself on my mission:  I look at myself in the mirror, and I'm changed physically.  But I ask myself, how else have I changed.  And something that I have noticed is that I'm self-motivated.  Not that I wasn't before, but I was always with someone else, like during workouts, I always had at least Dad to help me.  And now, I'm on my own, that accountability is gone, it's just me and the Lord, sure my companion can help motivate, but for the most part, it has to come through me.  I've learned that hey, I can be diligent on my own and obey with exactness.

Second, I've always been a leader, but I believe so far, the Lord has been teaching me how to be a follower.  How to take some correction with the best attitude.  And that has been a huge blessing.  I have a testimony that He knows me personally and desires my success, so he puts me with people and in situations where I can have the opportunities to do so.

Love you!  Your son,

Elder Tanuvasa