Sunday, October 25, 2015

19 October 2015

Season 1: Episode 13   The One with a Farewell

This week i was blessed with an e-mail from Kekoa "The Great" Loo.  He has asked that I include a couple of things in this episode.

My mission so far has been amazing.  It's been a terrific opportunity for me to gain knowledge and strengthen my testimony.  One of the things I've learned so far, in my time with the Florida Tampa Mission, would be learning to love.  I still feel like I am learning to love, and to see people as Christ sees them.  Especially when it comes to the subject of religion, people are so quick to jump on our differences.  When you look at the teachings, they all are teaching great things.  Lately I've been striving to see others through different eyes, trying to understand where they are coming from, how they've been raised so far, it's made a huge difference in my love for the people, even when they may be yelling or cursing at me.

Since I've been out on my mission, I have learned how to be lovingly bold.  Before, I feel that I was timid and avoided confrontation.  Now, I don't seek it out, but I have found an inner confidence that truly helps me to inform people what they need to do to come closer to our Savior.  That comes through much prayer and much preparation/scripture study.  I've come to find joy and happiness in studying the gospel, it's perfectly simple and deep simple enough to study for a life time and only scratch the surface.  I don't know how it works, just ask Jesus.

Anywho, a boy from the ward leaves on his mission next week to Czech Slovak Mission.  He's been going out with missionaries for years and is sooo prepared!  I'm super excited for him and it makes me think back to when I was about to go into the MTC.

Love you all,

Elder Tanuvasa

p.s. love you Uncle ;) LOL