Wednesday, August 3, 2016

3 August 2016

(An email we received from Elder Tanuvasa today regarding news of the death of his Uncle Pika)


Hi don't worry, I got permission from President Cooper to send an email...

I don't quite know what to write... when I first got news of what happened I didn't know what to think. I was shocked to say the least. Please send my love to all of the family. You're all in my prayers.

Today has been a real testimony builder to me... when I got the call from President Cooper, I was actually at a high school, prepping some food to feed the high school football team after their first practice during two a days. I stepped out to talk with President and was emotional... I took a few minutes before I went back in to say a prayer. I don't remember exactly what I said, but I do remember asking for strength, for comfort to be with the family, and for me to "forget myself". As I walked back in, it was obvious to my companions that something was different, no matter how hard I tried to hide it.. not going to lie it was hard to stay focused on what I was doing.. but as the boys came in, and we fed them, they gave us a chance to say a few words to the team. I had the opportunity to say something first, and it was exactly what I needed. The spirit was so strong as I bore testimony of the Savior, of His love for us, how he knows us specifically, and individually. I truly know that He knows what He is doing. Might be a little weird, but through this experience my testimony was reconfirmed that our Savior does know me. This whole day so far, the spirit has been comforting me and literally feels like its walking with me right now. I know that this comfort is available to all of God's children and I hope and pray that this comfort is with y'all, and with Misiona, PJ and them.

I know that our Savior Jesus Christ is our LOVING brother. He is my best friend. I am truly grateful for the love that He brings in my life every day. It is my fervent prayer that we allow His love to fill our souls. 

I miss you all and pray with all my heart for you every day. I was given the chance to call home, but I felt that me keeping my eye single to His work at this time would bless you more than I could with a phone call. I leave you with my simple and sincere testimony in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Your loving and devoted son, brother and friend,

Elder Tanuvasa