Tuesday, July 12, 2016

20 June 2016

Season 4: Episodes 4 & 5:  The One with Father's Day

Sorry for not writing the last week.

This week I'd really just like to focus on Father's Day.  For Fathers Day in the ward I'm in right now, they did something for all the guys, 12 years and older.  During the meetings, one thing really stuck out to me, and it was about how we get so many of our interests/hobbies or whatever we do from our parents, specifically Fathers.  I am so thankful for my Dad, and the wonderful example he has been in my life.

One of my favorite passages from the Savior's life comes from the Book of Mormon, as He ministers unto His sheep here in the ancient America's.  It says, "what manner of men ought ye to be? Verily I say unto you, even as I am."  Our Savior is our perfect example to me, and a great example to all those who have imperfect fathers.  I am thankful for all the father-figures I've been blessed with in my life.

Love,

Elder Tanuvasa