Monday, April 18, 2016

18 April 2016

Season 3: Episode 10 "The one with Elder Anderson"


Good morning!


This week, we did an exchange with our district leader. To make a long story short, one of the companionships was out of commission. One of the Spanish elders had a doctors appointment that would put him under (on drugs). And so, Elder Blomquist and I took over two areas for the day. It was really awesome, cause I didn't have to speak Spanish when we met someone Hispanic! I really wish that I had payed more attention in EspaƱol dos... On the exchange, since we were working both of our areas, we went to a Spanish funeral. It was interesting in that I could pick up words here and there, like "White and Black Zebra shirt" pretty random right? I would explain more but I don't really know what happened. It was a little awkward when everyone started laughing, I just chuckled and pretended like I got it haha. We were able to meet a lot of people, and a few of them we have continued to teach, so we're pretty excited about that!


As per the name of this episode, I had the chance to meet Elder Anderson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles on Sunday! Turns out that his wife had grown up here, and had lived here when they were first married. They attended our sacrament meeting and were able to meet some of the people that we are preparing to be baptized! The spirit was so strong when I met him, as we explained how he was an Apostle to those attending, they expressed to us how "they could feel it" it was a huge testimony builder of his divine calling and the love that our Father in Heaven has for us because he has given us prophets again here on the earth to give us direction. Later that night he held a devotional for the stake and we had the chance to hear him again!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   The stake center was so packed, and we were able to hear his special witness of the savior.


I think that that is all for this week! Hope y'all have a good one!


-Elder Tanuvasa