Monday, April 11, 2016

11 April 2016

Season 3: Episode 9  The one with the Good Shepherd

This week, we did a lot of finding, and found some very prepared people! On Friday, we were able to meet Joseph and Kerri. They are both looking for a church home and for more in their life. They are currently reading and praying about the Book of Mormon, please keep them in your prayers!

There wasn't anything really unique that happened this week, so I'll share something that I learned from my personal study of the scriptures:

I was reading in the Book of Mormon in Ether, and it was talking about how a man and his brother prayed and pleaded with the lord to not confound their language. It reads that "the Lord had compassion upon [him]" As I defined compassion, it tells us that it is derived from Latin compati or 'suffer with'. Earlier in the Book of Mormon we read that Christ suffers with us so that he can help us in the exact way that we need it. He knows us by name, he knows our trials, it is He who said "I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep" 
In the words of a hymn:

The Lord is my shepherd; no want shall I know
I feed in green pastures; safe folded I rest
He leadeth my soul where the still waters flow
Restores me when wand'ring, redeems when oppressed
Restores me when wand'ring, redeems when oppressed

Thru the valley of shadow of death through I stray, 
Since thou art my Guardian, no evil I fear. 
Thy rod shall defend me, thy staff be my stay
No harm can befall with my Comforter near 
No harm can befall with my Comforter near

He is the good Shepherd and He does know his sheep, he hears our prayers, he suffers with us, he is the Comforter, the Prince of Peace. As we draw near unto him, he will draw near unto us. I know this to be true, in the name of our Lord and Savior, even Jesus Christ, Amen.

-Elder Tanuvasa