Monday, May 9, 2016

9 May 2016

Season 3: Episode 13 "The one with Mother's Day"

Good morning!

This week, Elder Ellsworth's bike was really giving us problems.. I think the past two weeks he's gone through 5 tubes. He ended up having to get a new tire, and that seems to have fixed things. It really sets back the work when all you do is bike, but, luckily we were able to use the car to get to those appointments that we had set up!

On Friday, Elder Ellsworth and I were biking through a parking lot and talking with everyone that we met, and we ran into a woman who greeted us very warmly, so we knew she was a member haha. But anyways, she asked our names and she recognized mine! I was confused for a moment until she introduced herself! Her name is Sister Jordan, and when I was in Palm Harbor (8 months ago) she called us and referred us to her two grandsons who lived in our area! Anyways, we found out that they finally got baptized last month and she was so excited! It was a tender mercy from the lord for sure to hear those people that I had previously met and taught, and how they're doing now!

Like the title of this episode, it was Mother's Day on Sunday. I am so grateful for all of the "mother figures" in my life that have been such great examples that they have been in my life. But I am most grateful for my wonderful mother that I was able to skype that day as well as the rest of my family! It was so amazing getting to see them! I shared with them that as I reflected on the lessons that I took away as I was growing up (at home), it wasn't from their words per say, but their actions that I learned many of the lessons that have shaped who I am today.

I am grateful for an amazing family, and for all that they do for me. I am so happy to be here in Florida, in the service of my Lord and Savior. I am so grateful for a Savior who knows me, and my struggles and strengthens and comforts me on a daily basis.

I love you all and hope you have a great week!

-Elder Tanuvasa